Artist Story > Tiny Bones Press


“Writing notes, cards and letters is all about connecting.  Whether it be a relationship with a friend, time or place one should do it often.”  Megan’s cards are minimal and beautiful.  They are so very right to have in your desk drawer.  When it’s time for a little note-sending these are just the ones.  (Hello, Tuesday’s snowstorm!  My cozy set-up included a mug of green tea, jazz on the radio, my favourite blanket and the crossed arrows cards for a bit of letter writing.) 


Here's a bit of a look into Tiny Bones Press >

Where do you live?

After a decade in Brooklyn, my husband and I headed even more east...  Now, I live in a small village on the north shore of Long Island, New York and split my time between there and New York City.

How did you start Tiny Bones Press?

I always loved making things and am specifically drawn to print.  Once I went for a letterpress class, I knew it was the end of most of my free time.  I press everything one by one by hand, so there's something really special and satisfying in that process for me.  Eventually I just started producing stationery that I wanted to use, and hoping that other people might want to use it too.
 

What are you reading?

A couple books at once usually, right now: The Poetics of Space by Gaston Bachelard, Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock and just started South and West by Joan Didion.

What's your favorite podcast?
 
On Being with Krista Tippett is my latest favorite.

Where did you last travel?

Last summer around my birthday, we did a road trip traveling through Arizona, going up to Utah, then over to Joshua Tree and ending in LA.  There's something about these areas that I can't really put into words.  This trip was truly one of the most beautiful road trips I've been on - I already can't wait to get back out that way.


What are your influences/inspiration?

Trying to find them everyday in many places - I'm a very visual person, so anything that catches my eyes and interests from art to film to design to symbols to colors to shapes to landscape to friends.

What is your creative process?

In general, reading and looking at as many things possible and then sketching or writing out ideas that come to mind.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Read, write notes, look at pictures, spend time outdoors (when it's warm) and cuddle my dog Grizzly.
 

Find Tiny Bones Press > website instagram facebook

Comments